imprimir página

miércoles, 2 de diciembre de 2020

I no longer have adjectives

 



I no longer have adjectives 

Neither adverbs, nor verbs, 

And much less nouns 

To sing the vain glories 

That the slow passing of time 

To dust, to smoke, turned 

Empty .. pantries, cellars

 Of the today ruined palaces 

Empty the shelves 

Of the much named and cited

 Library of Alexandria 

Depleted veins seams

 Of the wonderful mines 

Of the mythical king Solomon

 Looted, destroyed the burial mound 

Of his beloved beautiful Queen

 Desolation, spoils, ruins 

Loneliness, bitter tears 


So my love dreams, so kisses 

So my love the whispered words

 The words my love in love

 The silent words, the never said

 Those written in the waters of that river 

 That you and I, my love, know well

 Those that the wind tangled in the green foliage

 From that little romantic garden 

Mute witness to our first kiss

 The unwritten words, guessed 

The words lost and recovered.


 From your bones, from my bones, love

 From our bones not even 

A humble little speck of dust

 There will be left to cry for us


No hay comentarios: